Pages

Wednesday 25 December 2019

Squiggly Christmas Trees

Hiya! I recently bought a new Lavinia stamp, which I think is really designed to be for trailing foliage, but in the Lavinia For You FB group I saw someone use it as a Christmas tree, and it looks beautiful! So I had to have a go... I stamped the 'tree', and then masked off the panel, and used torn paper, ink dusters and inks to create the background. I added some 3D sparkle with Nuvo Glitter Drops, and then added snow by using watered-down gouache, flicked at the card. Yes, it went everywhere! But I love the effect. Thanks very much to Debbie for helping me with the technique! xx



I'm entering this one in the following challenges:

HLS CAS:
Rubber Stamp Dance:
Allsorts: Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown: Anything Goes
Mix It Up: Anything Goes + optional twist



Ingredients:
Lavinia stamp: Small Whimsical Whisps
Adirondack ink: Denim
Nuvo Glitter Drops: White Blizzard
White gouache


3 comments:

brenda said...

A very stylish CAS seasonal creation, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Linda said...

This looks fab ..... great job with the ink blending, and I love your tree. Thank you for playing along with the HLS CAS Challenge xx

Linby said...

It does look good as a tree, beautiful card.
Thanks for joining in with my anything goes challenge at Allsorts.
Lynn x
DT