Pages

Friday 6 December 2019

Bottled Christmas Wishes

Hi! I used to make 'Magic Pills' bottles, filling them with chocolates, and adding a label which would mean they had magical properties, such as 'Protection from Spiders', 'Self Confidence', or whatever seemed appropriate for the recipient.

I was trying to work out how to make some Christmas cards with the same kind of idea, and this is what I came up with. I filled the tiny glass bottles with glue, glitter glue, nuvo drops, loose glitter, ink and glow in the dark pigment powder. I glued the cork in, so the bottle could be removed from the card and used as a tree decoration, or a pendant. I printed off some tiny labels, tore the edges and glued them on, then went around the edges with a glitter gel pen.

The blurry photos are where I've tried to show them glowing in the dark!

 

I'm entering this one in the Just Us Girls challenge: 'Anything Goes'





I'm entering this one in the Addicted to CAS challenge: 'Blessings / Blessed'





I'm entering this one in the Pinspirational Challenge:





I'm entering this one in the Watercooler Wednesday challenge:





I'm entering this one in the following challenges:

Creative Inspirations: 'Festive Fun!'
Time Out: 'Merry & Cheerful'



I'm tempted to get some larger bottles to make some tree decorations, too :)


8 comments:

Dawn T said...

what a super cute idea.
Thanks for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday. Dawn ~ DT

Toni said...

This is cool! It took me a moment to realize those bottles were real--clever and fun! THanks for joining us at ATCAS!

Bobby said...

What a fun and unique idea! Thanks for sharing these delightful cards with us at Addicted to CAS.

Gerrina said...

These are sweet, thoughtful and so purely CAS; like them! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

Sandy said...

What a fun project. Love that they glow in the dark -- that will look great on a Christmas tree. Thank you for linking up at Pinspirational Challenge. Sandy/DT

Heidi Weaver said...

Wow, Jan, what a great idea for a card. I love that the recipient can take the tiny bottle of magical wishes out of the cut-out in the card and use it to decorate the tree. How wonderful to get a bottle of Peace, Joy, Love or Smiles! Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Debbie said...

great cards as usual Jenny

Deanne Saunders said...

So cute!!! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!! *Sorry so late commenting! I’ve had a busy couple of months!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper