Pages

Wednesday 2 January 2019

Patchwork Addiction

Hiya

A friend of mine recently started a quilting course, and when she explained the Disappearing Nine Patch technique, I was fascinated, and had to have a go! So here are 5 make-up pouches I made, using the Disappearing Nine Patch, with a cork or faux leather base to make them firm enough to stand upright.

This one was a present for the friend who caused my quilting obsession:





This one was a birthday present for another friend:




I made these two with the same fabrics but different bases. I think I prefer the darker one.



 


I'm not sure how well these fabrics show off the disappearing nine patch pattern, because there's so much going on, but I really love the effect anyway. Love these fabrics!





Fabric:
Sweet Blend Prints - Moda
Natural cork fabric
Le Marais - Moda
Faux leather
Australiana - Nutex


No comments: