Pages

Wednesday 2 January 2019

First Time Testing New Patterns!

Hi! I was recently asked to be one of the testers for two new bag patterns by Huff  'n Cuffs! I was a bit nervous, but I really enjoyed the whole experience, and hope to get the opportunity to test more patterns in future! Anyway, the patterns are the Ruby Handbag and Lila Wristlet.


I made the Ruby first, but I think the vinyl I chose was too stiff for the curves. I love the frog fabric though, and I like how it turned out, for a first attempt.

 


 
 


I made another two Rubys, one with a much softer faux leather, and one with denim. I think the denim worked best, but I like both of them.

 
 





Here's the Lila. I was really nervous of this one, because I hadn't tried making card slots before, but it was actually quite straightforward. I love this little wristlet!









Fabrics:
Yoga Frogs by Robert Kaufman
Green Vinyl
Yorkshire Blooms Blue by Brenda Walton for Blend Fabrics
Black Faux Leather
Wise Owls Fuchsia - Firelight collection by Cotton & Steel
Black Denim
Winter Garden Dark - Winter Garden Collection by Lewis and Irene
Star Seed Claret - Winter Garden Collection by Lewis and Irene
Seed Heads Green - Winter Garden Collection by Lewis and Irene


No comments: