Pages

Thursday 22 February 2018

Flowery Flowers

Hi! I bought a new stamp set, designed by Kay Carley - I love it! The flowers even have little flowers on the petals! Anyway, here's a card I made, inspired by this week's beautiful Muse card (ok, it has flowers instead of cats and dogs, but it has the grassy background...). I used a stencil and ink dusters to create a subtle background first, and used ink dusters to add more green to the bottom of the card. Then I stamped the flowers, stems and leaves, and coloured with inks and a water brush. I added white Nuvo Drops to the dots in the centres of the flowers, although they don't show up very well. Maybe I should have used purple instead of white.




I'm entering this one in the following challenges:

Muse:
Simon Says Stamp: 'Make Your Own Background'


Ingredients:
Paper Artsy stamp set: EKC15 (by Kay Carley)
'Birthday Wishes' sentiment from Woodware 'Daisy Panel'
Paper Artsy Stencil: PS061
Adirondack Ink pads: Cranberry, Butterscotch, Sail Boat Blue
Artistry Inks: Blue Chase, Indian Jamun
Nuvo Drops: Gloss - White


6 comments:

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

such a pretty card.
I really like your soft, fern background. Just like those flowers are saying in the breeze.
xxx

Kim Heggins said...

Simply sweet card...love your beautiful flowers and what an incredible background too! thank you so much for playing along with us at Muse!

Ardyth said...

This is so pretty - it captures the whimsical style of the Muse perfectly, even without animals! Thanks so much for joining us at Muse this week!

Jacquie Southas said...

I love the layers of greenery in your design!

Tracy Freeman said...

So pretty, the softness of the background works so well.
Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, I hope you have a great day x

Debbie said...

so pretty