Pages

Monday 13 November 2017

JOFY Trees - Getting My Fussy Out

Hiya! Sorry if you're bored of the JOFY trees, but as the saying apparently goes, I need to get my fussy out... According to my lovely crafty mate Linda and my lovely Aunt Sue, 'Getting your fussy out' is a common saying, which means getting it out of your system. However, I have never met anyone else who has ever heard this saying, and it sounds a bit rude to me, so be careful who you say it to. Maybe it's an old Nottingham saying that has fallen out of use, who knows!

Anyway, I tried to make some oxide backgrounds based on 3 colour challenges, with mixed results! But I love how they have turned out, anyway.




For this one, I used Peacock Feathers Distress ink, Bottle Adirondack ink and Platinum Planet Brilliance ink to create the background for the trees, and added detail with a glitter pen and silver Nuvo Drops. I'm entering this one in the CAS Colours & Sketches challenge:





For this one, I used Faded Jeans, Spiced Marmalade and Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide inks, but as the colours have blended a little, there's actually some green on there too! But as I only used the colours in the challenge (despite what I ended up with), I'm still going to enter it in the Paper Play challenge, and hope they'll let me off with that!






I made this one with Candied Apple, Spiced Marmalade and Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide inks, Peacock Distress ink and Bottle Adirondack ink. I added gold Nuvo Drops, but they have taken up the colour of the ink in places, which I quite like and wish I could say it was deliberate... I'm entering this one in the Shopping Our Stash challenge:




Ingredients:
JOFY stamp set 57
Distress Oxide Inks: Faded Jeans, Candied Apple, Spiced Marmalade, Fossilized Amber
Distress Ink: Peacock Feathers
Adirondack Ink: Bottle
Brilliance Ink: Platinum Planet
Nuvo Drops: Pale Gold, Silver Lining
Gelly Roll pen: Clear Star, Copper


5 comments:

karen h said...

Wonderful cards! Great CAS design! Great job with our colors! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

Donna said...

Fab cards, those wee trees are awesome!
Thanks for playing along with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH this week for our colour palette challenge!!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

I apologize for being so late with my comment about this gorgeous cards, you know how it goes sometimes, Life throws you some curves.....
But I adore this little Christmas Trees and the fact that the Nuvo metallic drops took the colors of the trees, that looks amazing. Deliberate or not, it's a fabulous look.
Thank you for sharing with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH, hope you play again next time.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Mimi said...

(I looked at this last night on my phone as it was about to die... so I'm back now!)
These are so cool! I love them in all shades, but especially the ones for our SOS challenge! Thanks for joining us!

Fiona Whitten said...

Love all of your cards. Thanks for sharing them on the CC&S challenge.