Pages

Wednesday 3 June 2015

Lavinia Stamps and Watercolour Pencils

Hi! I love Lavinia stamps, and have had lots of fun trying to make backgrounds with ink dusters and brayers (I can't get on with brayers at all!). However, I borrowed some watercolour pencils the other day, have been having a play around, and I love them! I'm still working out how to use them, but I had a go at a background scene, and I love how easy it is to blend colours together.

Anyway, here's what I came up with:



I put the hills, moon and sky in first, then stamped all the images. Then I added a shadow under the castle, and coloured in the tree. I've left if without a sentiment.

I'm entering this into the following challenges:

Lavinia Stamps 'Any Colours You Like'

Friday Mash-up 'Watercolor fun!'


  • Create a project with "Watercoloring".
  • Create a project using "the Sketch".
  • or Mash it Up! and create a "Watercolored Project using the Sketch".

  • Loves Rubber Stamps 'Anything Goes'


    7 comments:

    Heidi Baks said...

    Beautiful! Love, love your soft blended background. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    Karen said...

    Beautiful card, very atmospheric. Thanks for entering the Lavinia Stamps Challenge and good luck. Kx DT Member

    Unknown said...

    This is really beautiful and the depth you have created in those hills really shows the perspective off..... Thank you for entering the Lavinia Challenge and Good Luck..... Marianne xxx

    NickScrapShack said...

    Beautiful scene you made. I love the fairy tale colours you picked - simply perfect!

    Thank you for playing along with us at Loves Rubberstamps this week. Good luck and hope to see you back soon!
    Nick

    Holly AKA KopyKat said...

    wow, such a beautiful scene. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    Unknown said...

    Great scene scape, love the sky colours. Many thanks for joining the Lavinia Stamps challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)

    Fairytale said...

    Very lovely scene. So peaceful and it is all so harmony but also little magic. Love it <3 Greetings from Finland