Pages

Saturday 22 April 2017

Blue Skies & Blossoms

Hi! Here are a couple of cards I made today, inspired by this week's Muse challenge.

I stamped the image onto the reverse side of some hammered card, so there'd be a little bit of texture. I cut the image down to a square, and backed with white card and then navy card. It looked too dark placed straight onto navy. I added the sentiment, backed with navy card, and used a butterfly punch on some leftover stamped image. I added Nuvo Drops to the flower centres.




I'm entering this one in the following challenges:

Muse:
4 Crafty Chicks: 'Butterflies'
Tuesday Throwdown:



I used a smooth card for this one, which gave a deeper blue and a crisper image. I used a smaller sentiment, to show off more of the image. I like the deeper blue, but I think I prefer the first card.




I'm entering this one in the following challenges:

Deep Ocean Challenge: 'Spring'
Simon Says Stamp: 'Showers and/or Flowers'

Ingredients:
Penny Black stamp: 'Glory of Modesty'
Artistry Ink pad: Blue Chase
Nuvo Drops: Pale Gold


12 comments:

Christine said...

I absolutely adore the blue and white floral background. It is such a refreshing look! So glad you joined the butterfly challenge at Four Crafty Chicks this week.
Christine
Guest DT
http://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

Jenni's Jems said...

This is simply stunning love it !and thank you so much for joining in this week with us at Muse x

Ardyth said...

Love the crispness of your stamping! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

Jaana said...

This is just beautiful!

Lucille K said...

Both cards are beautiful; the deeper blue is my fav :)

Michelle said...

Both cards are a perfect CASE of the MUSE card. Absolutely gorgeous! Love the blues.

brenda said...

A great card with lots of 'B's, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts 'I spy' theme this week.

B x

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

So pretty.
I love the added texture on the first one.
xxx

Unknown said...

These are both really elegant cards ... my pick (if I had to choose) is the one with the little butterly - such a smart addition

Leanne said...

So pretty, great color and Thanks for sharing with us at 4 Crafty Chicks!
Leanne DT
4 Crafty Chicks

susiestacey said...

Lovely card, so pretty in blue.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'I Spy ' challenge and good luck x Susan x

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x