Pages

Sunday 30 August 2015

Too much grunge for a Wedding card?

Hi! I'm going to a wedding next Saturday, and wanted to make a card for the Bride & Groom that wasn't the usual white / silver / gold. I clear embossed the stamped heart and then used glimmer sprays to create the background, but I'm not sure. Is it too grungy for a Wedding card? It shimmers different colours in the light, though. Maybe it would work better with just one colour spray, a light gold or something? I might have another try later. Anyway, here's the card:





I'm entering this in the following challenges:

The Paper Players: (Square, Embossing, Tip Top Taupe)




11 comments:

Dawn Phillips said...

It's a stunning card. Send it. It will be totally different from anything else the bride and groom receive. Love Dawn x

Craft-E-Place said...

I love this card, it makes such a difference to the standard wedding card ( difference in a good way!). Just brilliant!
Elaine

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Wonderful image and great spritzing :)

Neets B said...

I think this is a fab wedding card. Grungy it may be but that intricate heart design is so pretty.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Lindsey said...

The turquoise & bronze work really well together¡ great card x

Kathyk said...

Nooooooo! You can never have too much grunge for a card - this one's just fab

Kathyk

Claire Broadwater said...

I think it is gorgeous! I love the white embossed, intricate heart. The colors are beautiful! I know the couple will cherish it. Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

Ann Schach said...

Definitely send it! It is a gorgeous card...unique and creative! The bride and groom will love it! Thanks for sharing with The Paper Players this week!

Unknown said...

This is SOOOO gorgeous! LOVE it! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week!

Jan Clothier said...

So, so lovely!

Jenscrapstoo said...

Fantastic card, just the right amount of grunge!!
Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
Cheers Jennie DTM
Jenscrapstoo