Pages

Thursday 9 November 2017

Never Chuck Your Rejects Away

Hiya! Sorry if you're bored of JOFY trees by now, but after running out of failed Oxide backgrounds to use, I found a failed Brushos creation. It was a beautiful heart from Indigo Blu, embossed in pewter, and I'd tried to create a lovely background with Brushos, but it just looked rubbish. It had been sitting in the Disgrace pile for a while, and I'd forgotten about it until I'd started hunting around for use-able rejects. I stamped the JOFY trees onto it, trying to get as much of the stamp positioned on the embossed design. The ink wiped off where the embossing was, but as the stamp is a scribbly pattern it didn't really matter that some of the design was lost. I used a glitter gel pen and some Nuvo Drops to bling it up a bit more, and I really like the result!




I'm entering this one in the following challenges:

Sisterhood of Crafters: 'Let The Sparkle Fly'
Paper Players:


Ingredients:
JOFY stamp set 57
Brushos: Emerald Green, Cobalt Blue, Yellow Ochre
Nuvo Drops: Silver Lining
Gelly Roll pen: Clear Star


4 comments:

Annie S. said...

LOVE those trees! This is such a fun and whimsical card! Thanks for playing along over at The Paper Players this week!

Darlene said...

What a fun creation! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Let the Sparkle Fly’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

Jan Clothier said...

I really like the results too! These trees are so lovely - the colours and textures in your 'failed' background add so much interest to them. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week.

Liz said...

This is fabulous, love the CAS design. xx