Pages

Saturday 19 January 2013

Card for a Lake District Mountain Rescue search dog handler

I was asked to make a card for one of the brave mountain rescue dog handlers in the Lake District. She wanted a card with trees, and preferably a black labrador. I haven't got a stamp for a lab, so I printed off a lab silhouette, and then used Lavinia stamps and ink dusters to create the rest of the card. This is what I came up with, before layering it on a card:


I sent the pic to my friend, to see if it was the sort of thing she wanted, and she loved it! But then she said... would it be possible for the dog to have a rescue dog jacket on?

After the initial panic of how to do this, I found a photo of a rescue dog wearing a jacket, and printed it off at the right size for the lab silhouette. Here's the dog with his coat on:


I layered the image on charcoal card and then onto a a green card that matched the green ink. I forgot to take a photo of the finished card, but my friend said she was very pleased with it. I hope her Mountain Rescue friend will like it :)

I'm entering this in the following challenges:
The Crazy Challenge: Without Design Paper
The Squirrel & The Fox: Anything Goes
Tip Top Tuesday: Fur or Feathers

3 comments:

Lynne Armstrong said...

I think you did a brilliant job with this request! This is a gorgeous card, which I'm sure the recipient will be thrilled with. Thanks for joining our challenge at The Squirrel & The Fox :)

Elaine Stark said...

A great scene for a mountain rescue handler. They must have been pleased with this unique card. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

Helen said...

Wow! Difficult friend (don't tell her I said that!) and an imaginative solution. Very impressed :-)